Friday, August 16, 2013

Pushy or Persistent? (WTF Friday!)

It's a WTF Friday!

Hi out there dating world. So, I hope you're all having a much better time at this than I am. But hey, gotta laugh, or you'd bury your head in a hole and wish for death. Also, special shout out to a lovely lady I met today who is also going through the same excruciating process, and my heart is truly with her. May the date with the accountant suck less than you expected.

But lately I've discovered the "hard part" has shifted from not finding anyone to talk to / weeding through messages TO you've done the initial weed out and it's the texting before the first meeting. I've found several times that this portion has gone so poorly that the first meeting (though scheduled) gets cancelled prior to occurring. To circumvent that I've tried to push my meeting as close to our first conversation as I can, but this guy takes that idea to a whole new level.

I think he's pushy and creepy. He insists he's just persistent. Opinions? I welcome them. I still don't think i'm going out with him because he's just got that weird vibe and can't have a civil conversation. But hey, convince me!

Below are actual text conversations with personal information as well as unrelated anecdotes all removed. However, nothing has been edited otherwise.





I don't know where this went but I said "Can we make it Saturday maybe? I don't want to drive because I took a pain pill today...













No comments:

Post a Comment