Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Can't Take the Hint...

What is wrong with people? No, i'm sorry, I DON'T want to date someone who is 30, divorced twice, live at home with HIS PARENTS in South GA (4 hours away), has no degree, and despite all your arguing to the contrary is a "good ol' boy" from freaking Moultrie. No. There's nothing appealing about any of that. And I don't have to justify to you after talking to you a day and a half why I don't want to marry you. It doesn't make me "immature" it makes me freaking sane. 

I only started talking to this guy two days ago. He'd sent me a very nice little "hey I know I live in Moultrie, but I promise I'll be worth your time" message. And I was intrigued because Moultrie isn't too far from where I grew up. I got my Floral Design Certification from "Moultrie Technical College" just on my high school's campus. 

So he was a very sweet guy, and I think he did genuinely want someone. However, he's four hours away, which made me a little 'meh' going into it. And then as the story continued to unfold the more and more I thought "nope."

List of DONT's

- Is long distance (more than an hour away)
- Lives at home with parents.
- Has been divorced....twice....
- Has no college degree.
- Limited funds. (said he didn't have the money to pay the $300s for safety glasses for work. And that if he were to come see me he wouldn't have any money after gas left over for us to do anything. Which, is fine, but....in the long term if you want to move to Atlanta, which he said he did, that would take FOREVER while trying to maintain a long distance relationship).
- Ready to start a relationship without ever meeting me.
- Already acting like I "belonged" to him. / He "owned" me.
- Self-professed mental and emotional stability issues (we all have them to some extent, but I have my own. I don't need to pile someone else's on them).
- Very "country" (terrible drawl, likes huntin', fishin', muddin')


Things I normally require he didn't meet:

- Nerdy / geeky
- Financial stability
- A plan for the future
- Independence
- Near me (within 60 miles)
- College degree or successful career


So when I realized it wasn't going to work instead of making a HUGE deal out of it, I quietly slipped away. I removed him from my friend list and hoped he would be happy with the memories of the last two days where he basically professed his undying love for me.  

Moultrie: (after 3 texts this morning before 10 am)
Okay so what did I do wrong? You're not talking to me and on top of that you deleted me from FB. You said you don't give up. Well just tell me the truth. By the way, I can tell you're reading the texts. 

Me: (about noon)
I know that. I just don't want to waste your time or mine. I dunno. Two divorces and long distance and living with your parents is all sort of daunting. 

Moultrie: (immediate response)
So you're not willing to put in the time or effort I suppose. You're doing what you said you wouldn't. You're giving up on me before it even gets started. Why so judgmental? Things happen to everyone. It's not like I chose to be where I am. You yourself said you don't have a problem with the long distance and neither do I. So it's not a waste of time. What is a waste of time? Throwing away a great guy like myself, who all he wants is someone he can treat like his princess and love with all of his heart body and soul...I really like you Marli..I just wish you'd give me a legit chance before judging and giving up on me so easily...
So that's it. No response? You're done? 
(5 mins later)
Marli please? I'm literally begging you to please give me the benefit of the doubt. 
(5 mins later)
This is some bullshit. 

(5 hours later)
I'm gonna warn people about Marlissa Doss. Just so you're aware. 

Me: (when I woke up four hours later)
Who the fuck are you going to "warn"? And about what? That I don't want a long distance relationship? That I have the right and the prerogative to change my mind? That I talked to someone for a few days and then thought they weren't right for me? I don't doubt you're a nice guy, but there are too many things in the no column for me to want to try and make this work. I never wanted long distance. And I said I didn't but that you said I should give you a shot. And I did. And I just don't see you as someone I want a future with. Not because of ONE thing. But because of a whole lot of things that kept adding up. And you know what? I wasn't dating you. I'd never met you. I was in no way OBLIGATED to you. So I don't know why the fuck you don't just move on and try and find someone more well suited to you. 

Moultrie: (immediate response)
Haha what the fuck ever. I don't care. You're wishy washy. I know what you said and didn't say. It's cool though. Whatever. Just shows your level of immaturity. I never once asked you to come here. I would have been more than happy to drive there on my weekends off. 

Me:
Well I don't REALLY care what you think about me. I said I don't give up IN RELATIONSHIPS. And we were not even remotely close to that. You don't REALLY have the means to carry on a long distance relationship where you are the sole driver, at least not if you ever want to get out of your parents house, and that was yet another contributing factor. And it was just easier to leave you with a little happy and fantasy than to flat out say that you weren't going to work. Because I figured you would react this way if I did. But I thought you'd take the hint if I defriended you. And just enjoy the few days of pretend. 

Moultrie:
Haha. Pretend huh? I have more than enough means to carry on whatever it is I want. No matter who or where I live. That's fine. I am not obligated to tell you all of my financial information when I have yet to even meet you. It's cool. I would have maybe had a tough time making it this weekend, but I have more than enough means to make it there anytime I want on a normal occasion. I live at home really, because I choose too. It's the easiest way for me to build up more income and to be financially stable at the moment. But, it's cool. It's whatever. The main reason I'm married and divorced twice? They couldn't stand I was and am a tightwad with my money. But, whatever...I ain't got NO worries. On to the next one...
(No response from me. 2 minutes later)
Why waste my time on someone who's not even willing to try? Who gives up before it even begins? Not worth my time or anyone else's. 



And so on facebook I had posted:
What is wrong with people? No, i'm sorry, I DON'T want to date someone who is 30, divorced twice, lives at home with HIS PARENTS in South GA (4 hours away), has no degree, and despite all your arguing to the contrary is a "good ol' boy" from freaking Moultrie. No. There's nothing appealing about any of that. And I don't have to justify to you after talking to you a day and a half why I don't want to marry you. 


Moultrie: (about 5 minutes after I'd posted it)
The fact that you're talking about me on Facebook is childish. Grow up. 
Me:
The fact that you're still stalking me on facebook is creepy

Moultrie:

I'm not stalking you. 
I haven't bad mouthed you to anyone, so I'd appreciate if you'd refrain from bad mouthing me. Especially on Facebook. That shows your true level of immaturity. 

Me:
So says the person that said "I'm going to warn the world about you". And nobody who knows or cares about your existence is friends with me. What I say to my friends on my facebook is my own damn business.

Moultrie:
Okay. That's fine. I said that in anger. [five hours after I'd gotten upset at your]
Have I fucking done it..no I haven't. [I'm not your friend. How would i know?]
Just don't fucking talk about me and slander me and there won't be an issue. I'm done. I'll never text you again. Unless you give me reason to.

Me:
Thank God

Moultrie:
The feeling is mutual. 



Who wants to take bets on which end of the bipolar spectrum he's going to text me next? And how long it takes before he "never texts me again"? Are we thinking pissed off redneck or sad pouty redneck or no ones ever going to love me but you redneck?

No comments:

Post a Comment